Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Welcome to Longfellow Books
SUNDAY, AUGUST 25TH AT 9AM
Chris Van Dusen will be here to celebrate the release of his latest children's book along with Portland Stage performing! You'll want to bring the kids!
Stay tuned for more info!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 29TH AT 7PM
This verse history traces the history of a small region of western Pennsylvania—from frontier, to battlefield, to coal boom, to post-industrial malaise. Poet Adrian Blevins writes, “this sad, moral, and really smart book is essential reading for anyone interested in hearing a master poet sing an indispensable bereavement song."
Our friends at the Illustration Institute have some great upcoming events/workshops with artists and illustrators.
Check out their summer events here: https://www.illustrationinstitute.org/
Check Out This Week's Bestsellers!
1. Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
2. On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
3. Chances Are by Richard Russo
4. Trick Mirror by Jia Tolentino
5. The Overstory by Richard Powers
6. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
7. Searching for Stars on an Island in Maine by Alan Lightman
8. Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
9. New Portland Maine Chef's Table by Margaret Hathaway
11. Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
12. Sourdough by Robin Sloan
13. Collected Schizophrenias by Esme Weijun Wang
14. There There by Tommy Orange
15. Circe by Madeline Miller
Our Used Book Buying Policy
• We pay store credit for used books, not cash.
• Our buyers cannot process any books on the spot.
• We pay approximately 30% of what we decide to charge for a book. So if we price something at $8, we’ll give you $2.40 in store credit for it.
• We take one bag or box at a time, and you can drop off books whenever we're open*. We will call you once we go through your books (it takes us about a week, unless we’re buried very deep) to tell you how much store credit you’re getting.
*We may go through periods when we get overloaded and have to temporarily pause, so please call or check our website before bringing books in.
• We take many different kinds of books (paperbacks & hardcovers, fiction & nonfiction), but our selection varies with supply & demand.
However, we usually will not buy:
•Books that are in generally poor condition (torn or yellowed pages, missing dustcovers, split spines, etc.)
•Books with underlining or highlighting
•Textbooks and outdated reference books (travel guides, etc.)
•Non-book items (magazines, journals, calendars, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
•Currently, we are not taking kids books or young adult/middle reader books, cookbooks, or oversized coffee table/art books.
• If there are books we don’t take, we can either donate them to Goodwill or you can pick them back up. We will ask your preference when you drop them off. If you elect to pick books back up, we ask that you pick them up within 7 days of when we contact you. After that, we reserve the right to donate them.
Indie Next List
No front page content has been created yet.